Sunday, April 14, 2013

7 out of 13 Completed

Completed my seventh 5K for the 13 in 2013 challenge on Saturday.  This was a repeat run for me from last year.....Rock the Casa 5K put on by the Texas A&M Kappa Alpha Theta sorority.  All proceeds go towards charities for abused children.  This is always a fun race.  The sorority girls are all along the course cheering you on.  They always have a large group at the finish line cheering too.  It was a beautiful morning for the run.  This is one of the later starting 5K's I've done....9:30 start.  Temps were in the low 60's at start time and sunny with only a slight breeze.  The course winds through subdivisions and some of the homeowners were outside watching us go by and waving.  Course had a few hills to contend with too.  Completed the run in 31:00, which was almost 7 minutes faster than last year's time.  Enjoyed the blueberry bagels afterwards since I was carb loading because I had a mud run to compete in at 12:30.  More on that later......
Before the run in front of the Kappa Alpha Theta house
The Texas A&M yell leaders starting us off
And off I go....
Coming in to the finish


  

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on another finish and the improved time! I ran a trail race this morning. Nice weather but not shorts weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 5k in the morning and a mud run in the afternoon? I bow down to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was feeling it too at the end of the mud run!

      Delete
  3. Wow - 2 races/runs in 1 day?! Great job on improving your 5K time.

    ReplyDelete