Sunday, April 28, 2013

9 of 13 in 2013 done

This past Saturday, I completed my 9th run in the 13 in 2013 challenge in College Station, TX.  This was the Teal Ribbon Run 5K.  This is in recognition of sexual assault awareness month.  I did this run last year, but a different location.  On the drive in, it starts raining.....UGH....do not like to run in the rain!  It was already a sticky and humid morning, now rain.  Checked the radar on my phone, and it showed no rain in sight!?!?  Sat in my vehicle for about 15 minutes until the rain stopped.  Now it's really humid out.....not ready for the humid days to come back!  My mother-in-law and niece met me there since my husband was out of town.  They had a small turnout....maybe the rain played a part in that??  There were probably 50 runners/walkers.  We were all encouraged to wear teal....and most everyone did.  The run was held in the College Hills subdivision.  I've ran this subdivision twice before....not one of my favorite courses to run.  Lots of hills!  Despite having to chew thru the humidity, I finished it in 31:43.
Me with my niece Paige
 
Getting ready to start....everyone in their teal
 
 
Off we go....
Coming in to the finish

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you are going to get way more than 13 in 2013!!! Awesome job on the 5K!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They will taper off during the summer months and start picking up in the fall. I just think these are a lot of fun to do.

      Delete
  2. I am not ready for the humidity of NY yet either....I can not imagine how you runners in TX deal!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You just can't get used to it here! I really like summer over winter, but when you wake up to 80 degrees and a 100% humidity; I question myself :/

      Delete