Saturday, December 1, 2012

Necessity turned into passion

Going to start from the beginning on this journey. 
4th of July 2006 talk about a firework.....At age 35 and relatively healthy (I thought), I ended up in the ER having a heart attack!!  Talk about unbearable chest pain, and I never thought someone could sweat SO much!  Thank goodness for an easy fix on 3 stints in my right artery, which was 99% blocked!!  Well it took me 5 more years of how did this happen and denial to figure out I better do something positive for myself and health.  Weight gain was up and down with new mediciations being administered to try figure out which one(s) worked best for me.....high blood pressure, cholesterol, blood thinner, etc....Finally found the one's that worked for me, and thank the Lord I'm only taking a blood pressure, cholesterol and diuretic that do not bother me.  So glad to be off the blood thinner.......horrible, horrible & more horrible!!
So in September 2010, I started C25K and downloaded the lolo bootcamp app on my phone.  Entered my first run, a 3K in February 2012 - Downtown Love Run!!  Have to admit I was nervous, but the feeling of accomplishment I had after finishing without stopping was amazing!!  Needless to say, after finishing 22 other 5K's this year, with my last run being tomorrow, I am hooked!!  And, also 40 pounds lighter!!  In addition to the running and bootcamp, I've added weightlifting and an ab and leg workout to my routine.  My cardiologist is beyond thrilled with me, and I'm beyond thrilled with myself!!  
Below is my x-ray of the before & after stint placement and my first run.
Until next time, keep hitting the pavement!!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through the 13 for 2013 FB page- thanks for sharing your story! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete