Wow last day of 2012..........what a year it has been!!
I started the year off training for my first ever 5K run that was in March. As I reflect back on that and remember how "unsure" I was at even the thought of doing a 5K, much less, finishing one. My, my how I have a different perspective on 12/31/12!
My very first run I signed up for in 2012 was the Downtown Love Run on 02/11/12. I only signed up for the 3K because I wasn't ready to do a 5K just yet. Seems laughable to me now. Oh how training and confidence can change those thoughts!!
It was a lot of fun and freaking cold that morning........temp was in the 30's but the wind chill was definitely bone-chilling!! I was all bundled up and thinking how am I going to run with all this on?? Well, by the time I finished, my sleeves were pushed up and jacket was unzipped, and I was on cloud 9!! What a great feeling that was to run non-stop and finish with people cheering you on! That was a great warm-up to my first 5K the following month, The Armadillo Dash......
The course was great......some highway, through a subdivion and HILLS!! Call me crazy, but I kind of like hills!! I finished with a time of 40:26, and I was beyond happy!!
Below is a list of all my other runs I entered and completed in 2012:
March - Rock the Casa 5K
April - Race for the Reefs 5K, Teal Ribbon Run 5K and Running of the Bears 5K
May - Wolf Pen 5K and BCHS Panther Prowl 5K
July - Northgate Olympics Run 1K (just a fun run to bars promoting the 2012 Summer Olympics)
August - Blue Capital of TX 5K
September - Hightailin it for Heifers 5K, One Run 5K and Run to the Chicken 5K
October - Buffalo Stampede 5K, Hooty Hustle 5K and Weinerfest 5K
November - Great Strides 5K, Cannonball Run 5K, The Color Run 5K, Santa's Wonderland 5K and Turkey Trot 5K
December - St. Nick Fun Run 5K and Jingle Bell Run 2 miler
I've since bettered my first run time with a PR of 30:43!! I'm still looking to improve on that.
So with 23 runs under my belt, I look forward to that and more in 2013!!
Makes me also feel proud knowing the organizations and charities I've helped with my entry fees to these great 5K's.
Until next time..........keep hitting the pavement and have a blessed 2013!!

No comments:
Post a Comment