This is my third time running the Rock the Casa 5K, and it's always a fun race. All proceeds go towards great benefactors that are set up for child advocacy....such a great cause!
This race starts a little later than I like...9:00AM. I'm usually done with my Saturday run and back home at that time. It was a great Spring day, finally weather that was season appropriate! This race is put on by the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority at Texas A&M. This is always a very energetic crowd with lots of cheering along the course. They always coincide the race with parent's weekend at the university, so the turn out is usually nice.
Two of my running group friends also ran the race, Cary & Brian. Cary is the director of one of the groups receiving the donations. Nice to see familiar faces!
This race keeps the same route each year. It has a few hills, but mostly flat. I've bettered my time each year I've ran this race. I finished at 29:21. I had some shin issues the week before, and I wish I had used my tape to see if that helped.
In front of the Kappa Alpha Theta house - so colorful
The start of the race after the Aggie yell leaders started us off
Coming in to the finish line
wow...29th annual
could not resist the soft fluffy dogs





No comments:
Post a Comment