I will be doing my first trail run 5K Saturday night. Yes, I said NIGHT.....This event is part of the BCS Marathon Series. It will be held at Royalty Pecan Farms in Caldwell, TX. The course will be through the pecan orchards. Should be very interesting! Luckily, my husband is running with me on this one. They have said the course is pretty flat and compact and neatly groomed through the trees. Also, there will be very short parts along gravel roads. We are required to wear headlamps. Has anyone participated in anything like this before? Sounds like a lot of fun!! A pecan pancake breakfast will be served afterwards.......to bad I do not like pecans! I will blog about the race on Sunday.
Here's a shot of the gift shop on the Royalty Pecan Farms
Exert from the BCS Marathon website about the run
THE RACE
Join us the evening of May 18, 2013 at 8:47pm for a quest through the beautiful pecan orchards of Royalty Pecan Farms. This trail race will be run under the moonlight and stars of the night and will be marked using 1000+ glow sticks throughout the course. If you are looking for adventure in a race, it doesn’t get any better than this!
No comments:
Post a Comment