Sunday, May 19, 2013

Night Trail Run

Very first trail run was Saturday night at Royalty Pecan Farms in Caldwell, TX.  This was a night run through their pecan orchards on the mowed paths between the trees and a few gravel roads.  This race was sold out a 500 runners either doing the 5K, 10K or 15K.  My husband joined me on this run, and we did the 5K.  We had a lot of fun doing the run.  It was very neat to the see just the runner's headlamps and glow sticks winding through the orchard as you ran.  It was a bit humid once we got down in the trees running.  We had a hot day yesterday with temps in the 90's.  It was breezy though.  The temp at race time was about 85 degrees....lots of sweat!  I must say, I do prefer running on pavement.  I always have this paranoia of doing a face plant or twisting an ankle.  The property at the Pecan Farms is very pretty and tranquil.  We were treated to a pecan or buttermilk pancake breakfast with bananas and strawberries afterwards.  Our time was 40:17.....we took our time and had fun on this one! 
 
My husband and I enjoying the beautiful grounds before the race
 Such a pretty place
 
 
 
Headlamp on and ready to go!
 
 
Lined up and fixing to start
 

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had a race like that nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic. Once my out of shape bootie can make it past level one of couch to 5k I hope to trail run. There are some groups here in Missouri that have weekly trail runs but at this point I would have them all saying, "Um, who invited the wheezing new kid?" I've just started my running adventure and I hope to be able to enjoy it more as I build up strength. At this point I'm way more comfortable in my heels that my running shoes. I look forward to reading your adventures. Best Wishes, B

    http://smilingrunningshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete