Looking for a good half marathon training program. Will be running my first half in December........excited!!!!
I've found some on Pinterest and looked at some apps for my Iphone.
Wanting to see what everyone else's thoughts, experiences with half training are.
All advice welcome!! Thanks so much!

I have gotten to the point of writing my own but for pre-written I like Runner's World Smart Coach (somewhat customizable) or Hal Higdon.
ReplyDeleteI've been using Jeff Galloway walk/run program. You don't have to use his method, but I really do like his program. After 4 years of running, long runs still stress me out and his program is just so doable for me. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHal Higdon has plans on his website for novice runners. Doable!
ReplyDeleteI always try to just up my long runs slowly (10% per week rule is super safe and great) and aim to get to 10-11 miles two weeks before the race. I also try to get in a week run that is about 5-6 miles then a couple of other runs that are 3-4 miles. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the comments. I'm in the process of looking over the programs mentioned. Will keep everyone updated!!
ReplyDeleteHi! Found your blog through #healthySELF ! Hal Higdon has training plans that are pretty popular. Runner's World has some on their website, too. If you are into spending some money, having a trainer build your own is really great. Custom everything based on how you do each week. But that might be better for when you realize you love 1/2 marathons and want to keep doing them :)
ReplyDelete