Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day

Us runners have our very own day!!  June 4 :: National Running Day
I already had a planned day off from my work so I was able to get a few miles in early in the morning.  I usually do my weekday running in the afternoons.  I decided to go run at my city's old municipal golf course which is closed.  They still keep it maintained since there is a pavilion on the grounds that people can rent.  I run the paved cart paths that wind through the grounds.  It's a good workout since there are a few hills mixed in.   This was a great start to my day.  After a quick shower and change, then I was off the see my niece and nephew participate in the pee wee show at our county fair.  They could "show" a pig, goat and lamb.  My niece only wanted to do the goat and lamb becasue she did not want to use the "pig stick" to tap the pigs to keep them moving. She said she did not want to hurt them.  My nephew did show all three. 
Enjoying my runner's holiday
My new Mizunos
My nephew Nolan with the big piggie
My niece Hanna doing great with the goat
They each received feed buckets loaded with goodies for participating



No comments:

Post a Comment